If you want to buy crypto with your personal bank card, you'll need to link it to your Cryptopay account first.
Luckily, this is very simple! Even during your sign-up process, you'll be offered to link your card by entering the card number, the cardholder name, the expiration date and CVC and clicking the Register button:
You can skip this step and link your card later, e.g., after verification of your account.
NB! We strongly recommend using your personal bank card. If you link a card that is not in your name to your account, our Payments team might request additional documents from you and the cardholder.
Let's check if you’re ready to make a purchase:
To start buying:
1. Go to Transfers 🔁 → Buy Crypto or select the account in the desired currency and tap on the Buy button:
2. Choose the cryptocurrency you want to buy;
3. If you don’t have a linked card, enter its details and click the Register button. In some cases, at this stage, you might get an SMS or push notification with a code that you’ll need to enter to proceed. You can have up to three cards linked to your account simultaneously.
4. Enter the amount of funds you wish to purchase BTC with and click the Buy button:
5. You will be redirected to a 3D Secure page. Enter the 3D Secure code provided by your bank, and you'll be redirected back to Cryptopay.
Once the transaction is successfully processed, you will see a pop-up with results and transaction details. All is done!
The funds will be automatically credited to your Cryptopay wallet, and you will be able to see this transaction in the history of your account:
A fee of 4% is applied to each purchase.
NB: You can also choose if you will pay in EUR, USD or GBP in order to avoid unnecessary conversion fees. If you use a card in another currency, funds will be converted automatically using the applicable rate of your bank.
Please note: we don't keep your card details. They are tokenised in encrypted form so that we can process your further transactions with this card.
* We can accept VISA, VISA Delta, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, and VISA Electron.