Some tips to help you verify your account if you are a UK resident.
Here we present the list of documents, which you can use to confirm your identity and residential address. Note that the list is not exhaustive, but only gives samples of documents and companies/establishments, which can provide you with necessary documents.
- For identity verification you can submit your valid UK driving license or UK passport. In exceptional cases, when a customer doesn’t possess any of these two documents, he/she may provide Proof of Age card as an ID. Detailed information about the card can be found via this link https://www.validateuk.co.uk/
- For address verification, you may provide one of the documents from the list below. Make sure it shows your name, home address and was issued no earlier than 3 months ago. We accept both photos and scans as well as digital PDF versions of your address documents. In most cases original electronic documents (bills, bank statements) in PDF, provided by your utility company/internet provider/bank are preferable (if available).
- Utility bills from the following companies are accepted (including, but not limited to): British Gas, Extra Energy, Ovoenergy, Npower, Thames Water, PFP Energy, Sainsbury’s Energy, First Utility, Utility Warehouse, EDF Energy, Anglian water, Good Energy, SSE Swalec, SSE Southern Electric, Green Star Energy, SPARK, Scottish Power, Affinity Water, Severn Trent, Bristol Energy, Iresa Limited, GB Energy Supply etc.
- Internet and landline phone bills from: EE, Hyperoptic, SKY, Tesco, BT, Virgin Media etc.
- Current/savings account statements and credit card statements from the following banks and building societies, regulated by the FCA: Barclays Bank, HSBC, Lloyds Bank, Santander Bank, Tesco Bank, Bank of Scotland, Starling Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Halifax, NatWest Bank, Ulster Bank, TSB Bank, The co-operative bank, Nationwide building society
- Council Tax Bills, issued within last 3 months as at uploading date
- We also accept tax documents and notifications from HM Revenue & Customs
We DO NOT accept mobile phone bills, insurance documents, medical bills, mortgage statements, different loan/credit documents, statements from e-money services and traffic/parking fines as a proof of address.