How do I pass Cryptopay verification?
Successful verification is needed to conduct bank transfers and buy cryptocurrencies with a bank card. This article’s purpose is to guide you through the verification process and explain common mistakes, thus saving you a lot of precious time.
KYC (Know Your Customer) regulations require us to learn more about our clients’ identity before letting them use the full range of our services.
To start the verification process please do the following:
- Go to the account settings page.
- Press the “Start Verification” button.
Now you just need to follow the guide in order to submit the right documents.
Basically, the verification process is divided into two major stages: proving your identity and proving your residential address.
How to prove your identity
To give you access to the expanded list of services, we need to know your real name and surname. You can send us the following types of government-issued identification documents scanned or photographed from both sides:
- International passport (double page)
- National ID card
- Driving licence
Other types of ID cannot be accepted.
Please notice: we'd like to specifically point out that photos taken with the CamScanner app cannot be accepted.
Proof of ID
Choose the type of the document you want to send.
- Make sure your chosen document is valid through the next six months after the request has been made and that it has your photo on it. We can't accept ID documents without a photo.
- Take a photo of the document using an HQ camera or scan it.
- Make sure your photo or scanned image is not less than 500 kB in size and also does not have less than 300 DPI resolution. You can check it in the image’s properties.
- Please do not open the image with any graphics editors because it may be considered a fraudulent act. The provided images must not be altered, cropped, or resized by any means.
During the verification process special software recognizes manually edited, blurry, or small pictures. That's why it's important to stick to the rules above.
Please note that our Compliance officers have the right to request additional documents.
As a part of identity verification stage, it is necessary to upload a selfie, a photo of you holding your ID document. It makes verification faster and easier because we can see you :)
A tiny reminder: do not open the images in graphics editors or alter them in any way. It’s the integral requirement for you to pass your verification successfully.
How to prove your address
According to AML/KYC requirements, you also need to provide a proof of your valid billing address. Basically, this requirement helps banks identify fraudsters and weed out people from territories where Bitcoin is forbidden.
To prove your address you can use the following types of documents:
- Utility bills;
- Bank statements;
- Credit card statements;
- Tax invoices;
- Other government-issued residential statements/certificates.
We do not accept these types of documents as a proof of address:
- Mobile phone bills;
- Insurance documents;
- Medical prescriptions, recipes, invoices, and other documents;
- Prepaid card invoices.
Please make sure that your document contains your full name, full home address and it is issued not earlier than 3 months prior to the date of application. We accept both paper documents (photos or scanned images) and digital documents in PDF.
Please make sure your document is fully visible in the photo or scanned image.
Note: To avoid delays make sure the documents you provide are NOT protected by a password. If you can't remove the password (for example, the password is set by a bank) please contact our support team after uploading your document.
Proof of Address
- Click "Choose file".
- Find your document file, send it and complete the procedure by clicking "Submit" button