How to buy bitcoins using a debit/credit card
A step-by-step guide to making a bitcoin purchase with your personal credit/debit card
- Go to the Accounts page, once you put the cursor on your Bitcoin account, you'll see two buttons appear. Click the "Buy" button near the name of your Bitcoin Account:
Alternatively, you can find and use the "Buy bitcoins" button on your Bitcoin Account page:
2. In the opened pop-up, in the "Amount charged" field enter the amount of funds you wish to send for the BTC purchase. Payments are processed in EUR, USD and GBP.
In order to avoid unnecessary conversion fees in the process, you can choose which of the supported ones (EUR/USD/GBP) is more suitable for you - funds will be converted automatically using the applicable rate of your Bank.
Remember to stay within limits.
To the right you'll see the amount of bitcoins you will get. And below - an exchange rate and a processing fee amount applicable to your transaction.
Please note: The initial exchange rate you see is rounded to the fourth decimal.
Once you are ready, click the "Proceed" button.
3. On the next screen enter your card details.
If you already have a linked card -. you will see its details in this pop-up.
Once you are ready, click the "Pay now" button.
Please note: we don't keep your card details. They are tokenized in the encrypted form so that we can process your further transactions with this card.
4. After pressing the "Pay now" button you will be redirected to your Bank's 3D Secure page. Enter the 3D Secure code and you'll be redirected back to Cryptopay.
5. Once the transaction is successfully processed you will see a pop up with results and the main transaction info.
Funds will be automatically credited to your Cryptopay Bitcoin wallet and you will be able to see this transaction in the history of your BTC account.
All is done! If you have any questions, please check the corresponding set of articles in our Help Center.
Feel free to contact our Support team if you have any questions that were not answered in articles.