How to buy ethers (Ethereum) using a debit/credit card
A step-by-step guide to purchasing Ether with your personal credit/debit card
What do I need?
In order to purchase Ether with your card, you need to make sure that you are verified at Cryptopay and have an active credit/debit card* issued in your name with the 3D Secure option enabled and sufficient funds to make this transaction.
*We can accept VISA, VISA Delta, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, International Maestro, UK Maestro, and VISA Electron.
- Go to the Accounts page and click the "Buy Ethers" button:
- In the opened pop-up, in the "Amount" field enter the amount of funds you wish to purchase Ethers with. To the right you’ll see the amount of ETH you are going to get. The exchange rate and the processing fee will be displayed at the bottom.Once you are ready, click the “Proceed” button.
Payments are processed in EUR, USD, and GBP. In order to avoid unnecessary conversion fees in the process, you can choose which of the supported currencies (EUR/USD/GBP) is more suitable for you. Funds will be converted automatically using the applicable rate of your Bank. Remember to stay within limits.
- In the opened tab enter your card details. If your card is already linked to your account, double-check the details and press "Pay now".
Please note: we don't keep your card details. They are tokenised in the encrypted form so that we can process your further transactions with this card.
- After pressing the "Pay now" button, you will be redirected to your bank's 3D Secure page. Enter the 3D Secure code, and you'll be redirected back to Cryptopay.
- Once the transaction is successfully processed, you will see a pop-up with results and transaction details.
- Funds will be automatically credited to your Cryptopay Ethereum account, and you will be able to see this transaction in the history of your ETH account. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our amazing Support team via live chat or email email@example.com.