Here we give an explanation of invoices statuses, and some tips on how to view and resolve them in your business account. There are 5 types of statuses an invoice can be assigned with:
New: The invoice has been created, but it has not been paid by the client yet.
Completed: The transaction was successfully processed and funds are credited to your account balance.
Refunded: Received payment is refunded to merchant account (BTC, LTC, XRP or ETH).
Cancelled: The transaction hasn’t received confirmation within 15 days.*
You can also configure how to handle your invoices automatically on the Settings in your account. Please find more info here.
To be able to make refunds and other financial operations, you should be granted a “Support” role at least - here is the article that will help you to get more information on the matter.
To recalculate invoice, you need to do the following:
1. Log in to your Cryptopay account
2. Go to the “Transaction history” section
3. Search for a particular invoice by its Custom ID, destination wallet address or TXID
4. Click on the "Recalculate" button to recalculate it.
Your merchant’s account will be credited with a new invoice amount.
How to refund a transaction:
1. Click on the transaction that you wish to process, then click the “Refund” button;
2. In the next pop-up window you will have to enter the recipient address/or choose your merchant account and press “Confirm”.
*Recently, we’ve added an option of an automatic refund to the merchant’s balance of those transactions that were sent to the invoice addresses that are in the final statuses (Completed, Canceled, Refunded). For example, if your client sends multiple transactions to the invoice assigned with the final status (Completed), it will be automatically refunded to your merchant account.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.